Henrietta House hotel, privacy notice
WHAT IS THIS NOTICE FOR?
This notice explains what we do with your personal data and the steps we take to keep it secure. It explains when and how we collect personal data, who we share it with, how we process it and what your rights are in respect of the personal data processing we carry out.`
WHO IS HENRIETTA HOUSE?
Henrietta House is a privately owned Hotel in Bath, England, UK.
Within our company we provide short term accommodation with breakfast in our property at Henrietta House, 33 Henrietta Street, Bath, England, UK, BA2 6LR
WHEN DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We believe that a good customer experience means:
· Providing you with the products and services you want
· Giving you relevant information about our company, brands, products and special offers
To do these things well, we need to process some of your personal data. We do this whenever:
· you use our websites
· we need to verify your age
· you book a room,
· you make a payment or request a refund
· you use our Wi-Fi service
· you use our gift cards
· you submit queries, compliments or complaints
· we record CCTV images
· an accident occurs
We don’t keep your personal data for any longer than we need it. See our Data Protection Policy for more details.
We do not share your personal data with other companies. We will not sell your personal data. We might need to share your personal data to uphold your rights, our rights or the rights of other people and we may need to share your personal data to meet some of our legal obligations.
Under certain circumstances, data protection laws in relation to your personal data allow the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In such cases, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
· Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to discuss how we use your personal data
· Write to us at Henrietta House, 33 Henrietta Street, Bath, England, BA2 6LR, Bath
· Send an email to email@example.com
· Call us on 01225 632 632
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice is effective from April 2018.